Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I love Nandos Chicken!


My absolute favourite fast food is Nandos chicken! In my opinion, KFC can't hold a candle to it. Of course, the secret is the flaming hot peri-peri sauce - spicy, tangy, and oh so delicious!
Sadly, the Nandos franchise has not made it to Singapore yet, so the few times that I managed to eat Nandos chicken were in Australia and in Kuala Lumpur. However, I did manage to buy a bottle of their peri-peri sauce (HOT flavour) and I have been using it to cook Nandos chicken at home (not quite like the real thing, but close).
Add a generous dollop of the peri-peri sauce, marinate the chicken pieces (drumsticks and wings preferred) overnight, and then grill for about 20 - 25 minutes, turning once halfway through. I also use the sauce as a dip - so much better than plain old Maggi SOS chilli sauce. Quite by accident some time ago, I discovered that Mustafa sells a good range of the Nandos sauces, so no fear of running out of supply! Check out the Nandos website here: www.nandos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment