Wednesday, April 27, 2011

And We are Six Months Old

Ethan_closeup

Becoming a mother has been the most intensely difficult and challenging thing that I've ever had to cope with in my life. If my previous posts have suggested that everything is sunshine and roses, it's definitely not.

Ethan turns six months old today, and I start one year of no-pay-leave tomorrow. Becoming a stay-at-home-mother (which I have been for the past six months although on a paid salary, lucky me) has entailed far more changes than I expected.

The boss is often irrational, irascible, temperamental and demanding. You are expected to work all the time, through the night, weekends, and public holidays. You get no salary, career progression, bonuses, praise from the boss, developmental courses, water-cooler huddles or lunch breaks. Even when you feel that you have done your best, the boss may still not be happy.

And yet, this has been the most rewarding and fulfilling experience ever. I get rewarded in the laughter, giggles, smiles, kisses and hugs from my most precious Ethan. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment