Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Perfect Apple - the Envy


I have found the perfect apple and its name is Envy. 

I used to think that the tiny Royal Gala apples from South Africa were the best version of the pome fruit, until quite by accident, I chanced across the Envy, which is grown in New Zealand.  According to Wikipedia, Envy is a cross between Royal Gala and Braeburn.  Which explains why it looks a bit like a Royal Gala (and my mum has actually bought Royal Gala that were mixed into a pile of Envys and felt real cheated by that).

Taste wise, the Envy's super crisp, juicy, sweet and clean taste - without any hint of sourness or rancidity after exposure to air, puts all the other apples to shame.   Go try an Envy today! They are stocked at NTUC Fairprice supermarket regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment