Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home made pasta


I have been making home-made pasta quite a few times now, and the results are well-worth the effort put in. Like what one of my favourite cookbooks say, you can't go back to commercial dried pasta after tasting home-made pasta.
But the rolling out of the dough into thin sheets does take quite a lot of effort, especially if you're making larger quantities of pasta. So I was really pleased when a nice Ban Mian hawker told me to try Joo Chiat Complex to buy a pasta machine.
Here's the new pasta machine - made in Italy, hand-cranked version, for only $25. If you buy online, it costs 29 Euros! The results using plain flour are shown below... it definitely tasted much much better than how it looks! Next time I shall use high quality durum wheat for more "bite" and al dente texture.









No comments:

Post a Comment