Sunday, April 22, 2007

Neil Perry Cookbooks

E just came back from a working trip to Australia and presented me with Neil Perry's latest cookbook - Good Food, that he bought over there. Neil Perry is an Australian chef based in Sydney, and his The Food I Love was a wedding present from my colleagues. I just love his recipes - beautiful, simple to cook at home, and chock-a-block of wonderful tips for making your food rise above the ordinary. For instance, he strongly advocates the use of sea salt in seasoning your food, and I have to say that it does make the food taste so much better, while being just so simple and cheap to do (NTUC Fairprice supermarket stocks organic sea salt for $2 plus, I bought both the rock salt and fine salt versions). I have never gone wrong yet with a Neil Perry recipe (unlike other recipes out there) - even a simple roast chicken that we did last night, tasted simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment