Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Personal Challenge


Last year, if someone had asked me to run 10km, I would have told that person that he/she must be crazy. But it seems that I am the crazy one now, for I took part in the Shape run last Sunday and managed to complete 10 km within my target of 1 hr 30 min.
Apart from the cardiovascular and fat-burning benefits, the bonus was that I felt amazingly good about myself after the race (plus a great complexion, it must be all the toxins flowing out with the sweat), and not too winded or ache-y after the event. I am looking forward to the next runs - Sheares Bridge run in August, GE Women's run, and Standard Chartard run at the end of the year, and hope to have a timing of under 1 hr 20 min by then.
P.S. The loyal supporter a.k.a E was standing by to snap many photos and cheer me at the finish line, but the photo above does not include me. Heheh, sorry if you've been squinting at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment