Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baked "Risotto" With Sundried Tomatoes


Facing a weekend of excesses where food was concerned (Michel Roux lunch and two wedding dinners), I decided to rest our poor stomachs for Sunday lunch and cook something healthy and simple, which was why I cooked a vegetarian baked risotto, the recipe of which I had stumbled upon a few months ago here. Despite me making so many modifications - for instance, I used jasmine rice instead of arborio rice, and omitted the cooking sherry - this was still really, really good.

The rice was fragrant and fluffy, slightly sticky and moist, sprinkled through with bits of sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs and sauteed onions. Served with mushrooms grilled in extra virgin olive oil with a sprinkling of sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and balsamic vinegar reduction. Yums! This recipe is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment