Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shunjuu Izakaya, Robertson Quay


Continuing my current love affair with japanese yakitori (5 times in 2 months!), I found myself at Shunjuu Izakaya, Robertson Quay for lunch on Friday. I had good experiences at their sister restaurant, Satsuma Shochu Dining Bar and was curious to find out the difference between the two.
Ambience-wise, Satsuma definitely has the edge in their cute and cozy little round cubby-hole, while Shunjuu's setting is only average (but with the edge of having a nice river view). I also very slightly prefer the quality of the grilling over at Satsuma - my ribeye was a tad overdone and somewhat tough. However, the scallop at Shunjuu was juicy and wrapped in a crisp skin of tasty bacon, and the pork belly was absolutely lovely with its crispy, salty and juicy fats. Yums, so sinful but so good!! A good lunch for two can be enjoyed here for around $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment