Sunday, May 10, 2009

Say Cheese!


I was feeling rather cheesed off on Friday. So for lunch, I took myself off to the tranquil seclusion of The Wine Company, Evans Road, which has a very affordably priced cheese platter. At $15 for a selection of cheddars, brie, camembert, and blue cheese, accompanied with some very crisp crackers, sweet grapes and berry jam, it is great for nibbles with wine. My favourites were the ripe bries, while my friend liked the smoked gouda. I like The Wine Company because it's just an oasis of calm, and is such great value-for-money (their burgers only cost $10). Thus I left feeling so much better and saner for what was left of the work week.


Little did I know then that a weekend of cheese awaited me, not that I am complaining. Sunday lunch comprised a provencale cheese fondue with crusty baguette. And of course, I made a cheesecake on Saturday night for Mothers' Day, as this is my mother's absolute favourite dessert and she finds that all the storebought ones pale compared to the one I make using Meiling's recipe :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment