Sunday, July 10, 2011

Toast to fab cupcakes

Toast is a hidden gem that I was just recently introduced to by my friend Lucy. Tucked away in a nook of Ngee Ann City, near the office tower lifts, this chic cafe under the Marmalade Group seemed to be a well-kept secret among the ladies who lunch. Despite not having a sweet tooth, I was bowled over by this cupcake (Limonata, SGD4.50). Just the right mix of tartness and sweetness, wonderfully crumbly and moist at the same time. Yums. Just thinking about it makes me want to drool. I was secretly kicking myself for only having eaten the sticky date pudding and not trying the cupcakes at Marmalade Pantry.

Not quite so delectable was the Masala Chicken Wrap (about SGD12, I forgot to take down the price). It wasn't bad or anything, just not special enough to take note of. I was also expecting something a little more spicy.

Toast made my day for making me feel like a lady of leisure nibbling on a (not-so-dainty) cupcake! Next time, I'm going back for the Red Velvet cupcake .... or the Strawberries and Cream....or the Nutella.... or all of these....

Toast
Ngee Ann City (Takashimaya), #02-11

No comments:

Post a Comment