Saturday, April 19, 2008

Original Sin


E sent me an extremely uncharacteristic SMS a few days ago. It read "The Tofu Burger Was Amazingly Good."
Now, E hates tofu. He also doesn't rave about good food the way that I do. And the very term "tofu burger" conjures up images of "....not very politically correct, so I'll leave this to your imagination..." rather than good food. What on earth could have set this off? I just had to find out.
Original Sin, a vegetarian restaurant situated in Chip Bee Gardens, was jam-packed with hordes of hungry diners (or lunchers?) when I dragged my gal pal there for our usual monthly lunch catch-up session yesterday. And good reason too. The aforementioned Tofu Burger, comprising a crumbed deep fried tofu-lentil mix was bursting with flavour and a melt-in-your mouth texture. It did not taste anything like tofu at all! My friend had the Mediterranean wrap - a tortilla wrap filled with chickpea and pumpkin spread, grilled eggplant, feta and salad - which was just as good, with lovely chargrilled eggplant.
Verdict? I now second E in saying that "The Tofu Burger was Amazingly Good." Go early or make reservations. There were no seats left at 1 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment