Sunday, February 4, 2007

Pineapple Tarts for Chinese New Year


Out of all the sweet snacks and munchies that one eats during Chinese New Year, I have an especial partiality for pineapple tarts. For the past few years, I have been buying home-made ones baked by a friend's mother. But this year, as he is not in Singapore, I was faced with the option of buying the mass-produced ones from the supermarket. Bleaurgh.
So I decided to make my own and enlisted the help of my mother-in-law. It is quite simple if you buy the ready-made pineapple paste instead of stewing your own. Just prepare the shortcrust pastry, using lots of butter and cut out the tarts before scooping the pineapple filling onto them. Bake at 200 dec celsius for 10 minutes and enjoy! We spent only about 1 and a half hours yesterday afternoon to make 120 pineapple tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment