Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tandoori Chicken Rocks!


I like tandoori chicken a lot. Unfortunately E doesn't like Indian food at all. So I have to resort to eating tandoori chicken only when my colleagues are in the mood, which doesn't happen all that often.

But through dint of strong hints and sheer force of persuasion (or rather, I was single-minded and my friends are always very kind and understanding of my inexplicable cravings), I managed to score a lunch at Khansama Tandoori Castle this week. This place is tucked away really really deep inside Biopolis and quite difficult to find, but manages to attract a reasonable lunch-time crowd nonetheless.

I always take the Tandoori Chicken Briyani set, which at $6.90 for a quarter chicken leg portion, no GST and service charge, is a great deal. The chicken stays succulent and moist, not dry, and the spices are just of the right oomph and saltiness. Washed down with a glass of sweet lassi - I love yoghurt! - this is as close to one of my favourite weekday lunches as it can get. Just try to ignore the kitchsy hindi music videos complete with singers/dancers furiously gyrating their hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment