Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kinki

Kinki_Chiraishi


You know it's not a promising sign when even before you've taken your first bite, you start thinking fondly about another restaurant's rendition of the same dish. Sadly, this was the case with my chiraishi bowl at Kinki. A VERY AVERAGE spread of raw fish with nothing outstanding, although it was at least decently fresh. I couldn't help wishing that I was tucking into Aoki's bowl of heaven.

Kinki_Miso Cod

E's miso cod was also only passable (bearing in mind that this dish is not that difficult to prepare) and the portion was small. Both our sets (SGD40++) came with completely unremarkable sides: garden salad tossed with some sakura ebi, miso soup, pickles, and a green tea ice cream parfait. I was also unimpressed by the so-called "japanese with an urban attitude" decor with manga graffiti on the walls / raw cement floors.

Well, it was all my own fault for not doing research properly and jumping to book for Restaurant Week since my top picks were all gone by the time I remembered to log on to the booking site. Our other Restaurant Week meal at Boathouse though, turned out very well, so not a complete waste of time. More on that in a later post!

70 Collyer Quay #02-02
Customs House

No comments:

Post a Comment