Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Herb-a-licious



To go with nice bread, one must have lovely butter. I was inspired enough by my bread-making attempt to try creating my own herb butter although in the past my friend had always told me how messy and time-consuming it was.
Well surprising enough, it was very easy... I did everything in a bowl, with a mixing spoon so there were no random food processor parts to wash up. Used dried basil as well, saving the trouble of chopping up all the fresh herbs. Here's the rough recipe:

-one small clove garlic, finely chopped


-150g unsalted butter


-one teaspoon dried herbs


- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste


- freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste (half a lemon should be more than enough).


Mash everything up! Then spoon it onto aluminium foil and roll up into a log shape. Refrigerate and cut into discs for serving when firm. A lousy photo here, taken with the handphone.


No comments:

Post a Comment