Saturday, January 6, 2007

Simply Bread



Egged on by E today, I decided to try baking my own herb bread. I scoured through a few recipe sources and finally decided to adapt one from that American classic cookbook, Joy Of Cooking, with lots of dried basil thrown in.

At first, I thought that it was an unmitigated disaster... the proportions of flour seemed wrong, there was too much water, and my bread refused to rise! In desperation I chucked it into the oven to bake and lo and behold it started rising! In half an hour, I had something which looked like it came out of the oven at Cedele Depot or Simply Bread! Having tasted it - my verdict is....

SIMPLY YUMMY! It tastes fragrant with lots of "basil" kick, and texture is like baguette. We shall have it for sunday morning breakfast tomorrow.

Here are some photos, quality not very good cos it was taken with a handphone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment