Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Pearl Earrings


I was feeling rather bored over the weekend, plus I had been wanting to get a pair of simple but chic and tres elegant pearl earrings. No boring pearl studs for me please! (only ladies of a certain age wear them....) So out came the pliers, bead findings, and pearls that had been gathering dust in a cupboard over the past one year and 10 minutes later I had my new earrings.

Largish (6 mm) pink and very slightly irregularly shaped freshwater pearls, with gold-filled pins, dangling on gold-plated small loops - which were recycled from an old pair of Liz Clairborne earrings. These are charming and have a modern fresh feel. Best part is, you can slip them off and replace them with other gemstones, either singly or in combination, and voila! a new pair of earrings everyday.

The vainpot in me likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment